1. Use of Content – Proto.in is pleased to make its original content available under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, for non-commercial reproduction with credit to the source site. This license permits anyone to do the following with original Proto.in content, in any medium:
a. To reproduce, remix, or otherwise alter original Proto.in site material so long as the logo is displayed and credit is given. This includes, specifically, permission:
i. to reproduce quotes.
ii. to reproduce screenshots of any page of a Proto.in site.
iii. to include original Proto.in material in mash-ups, mixes, parodies, caricatures, etc… for movies, TV, print, or online work.
Important Note: This does not include the right to republish images from Proto.in, for which Proto may not the copyright holder, except in the context of a screenshot of the whole site. Proto.in makes no representations or guarantees about the suitability for third-party use of content that appears on the Proto.in, and licenses herewith only the content of which Proto.in is the copyright holder.
2. RSS Feeds – Proto.in provides an excerpt RSS feed at https://Proto.in/feed. If you are using all or substantially all of the feed, we ask that you do not modify it in any way, including the stripping out of advertisements and abide by the following guidelines:
a. Full ad-supported feeds are intended only for personal use in RSS readers.
b. For all other feed uses, including reproduction on websites, you should only use the Excerpt feeds, unless otherwise agreed with the company.
c. Please do not splice the RSS feeds into or otherwise redistribute them via third-party RSS providers.
d. Please do not add content, including any advertisements or other promotional content, to the RSS feeds.
e. Proto.in reserves the right to object to your presentation of the RSS feeds and the right to require you to cease using the RSS feeds at any time.
f. Proto.in further reserves the right to terminate its distribution of the RSS feeds or change the content or formatting of the RSS feeds at any time without notice to you.
3. Web Syndication of Proto.in Content
a. Internal links in the Site content must not be removed.
b. The Site logo and/or URL should appear on each page displaying site content.
c. The format or branding of the headlines, text and other information provided in the RSS feeds must not be modified.
d. “More From…” links back to original Site at the end of each post must be included on content pages and may not be removed.
a. Reproduction of screenshots from any Site is permissible, without prior written approval, so long as the site logo and URL is fully visible or otherwise included on the page. See above for general permissions on partial content.
b. The Site logo and URL must appear prominently at the top of each section displaying site content.
c. Content must be unedited, except for replacement of hyperlinks with full URLs and use of product manufacturer’s site links where appropriate.
d. Images from a Site must not be used in print without you obtaining the appropriate copyright clearances yourself.
6. Corresponding with Proto.in– Any correspondence with the Proto.in, or submission of content to us, including any documentation or images, is considered property of Proto.in. Proto.in reserves the right to reproduce such content, in whole or in part, on our site or its affiliates, and to use it in any way we choose, including sublicensing the content and allowing third parties to republish the material. In submitting something to us, you are representing that the content is yours to give to us, does not infringe on any third party’s rights – copyright, trademark, privacy rights and the like – and is not libelous or unlawful in any other way.
7. Comments – In order to post a comment on Our websites, Commenters may register anonymously. When you post a comment on Our websites, your comment and user name will be accessible for viewing by all users of Our websites. Proto.in will not accept responsibility for information posted in the Comments. In order to make our comments useful and interesting, the following guidelines have been established for comment users:
a. Do not post threatening, harassing, defamatory, or libelous material.
b. Do not intentionally make false or misleading statements.
c. Do not offer to sell or buy any product or service.
d. Do not post material that infringes copyright or any other intellectual property.
e. Do not post information that you know to be confidential or sensitive or otherwise in breach of the law.
f. Keep all comments relevant to the particular Proto.in where the comment is being posted.
a. Material licensed from photographic archive and video vendors;
b. Material supplied to our editors or released into the public domain by public relations and marketing companies for press purposes;
c. Reader-submitted Material, with the implied representation that the person submitting the material owns the copyright in the material and the right to give it to us for use on Proto;
d. Material published on Flickr or other public photo / video sites with licenses granted under Creative Commons, with attribution in accordance with the Creative Commons license granted in each case;
e. Material commissioned by Proto.in
f. Material that we believe to be covered by the Fair Use Doctrine, taking into account factors such as:
i. The purpose and character of the use (i.e. transformation from the original, use for criticism, satire or parody
ii. The nature of the copyrighted work (i.e. factual or newsworthy versus creative works)
iii. The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the whole (i.e. use of cropped, reduced, low-resolution Material used for no more than to convey the point made)
iv. The effect on the potential market for the copyrighted work (e.g. use that is not substitutive for the original, or would never be licensed in any event)
10. External Links Disclaimer – Proto.in routinely contain links to external, third party websites. By providing links to other sites, Proto.in does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to the Proto.in in question.
Proto.in does not operate or control and has no responsibility for the information, products and/or services found on any external sites. Nor do such links represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, products and/or services provided on or through any external sites, including, without limitation, warranties of any kind, either express or implied, warranties of title or non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Visitors to Proto.in assume complete responsibility and risk in their use of any external sites. Visitors should direct any concerns regarding any external link to its site administrator or webmaster.
11. General Disclaimer – The site publish both rumors and conjecture in addition to accurately reported information. Information on the sites may contain errors or inaccuracies; the sites’ proprietors do not make any warranty as to the correctness or reliability of the sites’ content. Links to content on and quotation of material from other sites are not the responsibility of Proto.in.
Email sent to any of the Proto.in is considered our property. We will respect and protect anonymous sources as tipsters, but all correspondence is considered available for publication.
12. Information Security – Although we work hard to protect personal information that we collect and store, no program is one hundred percent secure and we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use or disclose personal information.
If you become aware of a security issue, please email us at info [at] Proto [dot] in. We will work with you to address any problems.